Created by: Austin Winsberg
Other cast: Jane Levy, Alex Newell, John Clarence Stewart, Lauren Graham, Peter Gallagher, Mary Steenburgen
Premiere date: January 7, 2020
Episodes: Appeared in all episodes
Genre: Comedy | Drama | Musical
Running time: 60 minutes
Zoey Clarke is a whip-smart computer coder forging her way in San Francisco. After an unusual event, Zoey, who always preferred podcasts over pop songs, suddenly starts to hear the innermost wants, thoughts and desires of the people around her - her family, co-workers and complete strangers - through popular songs. At first, she questions her own sanity, but after getting some guidance from her musically adept neighbor, Mo, and making a breakthrough with her ailing father, Zoey soon realizes this unwanted curse may just be an incredibly wonderful gift as she connects with the world like never before.
→ If there’s a song in your heart, it will get in her head.
• Like if there were awards for break-ups, “The Breakies,” I’d at least get a nomination.
• So now Zoey can manipulate the laws of physics too? This is really incredible.
• Now I know you’re telling the truth because no one would ever lie about doing something that heartless.
• Look at him. I don’t think I’ve ever been as happy as that guy is at 9:30 in the morning on a Tuesday.
• What? I’m not allowed to get a little emotional about a superhero movie?
• You need better popcorn because that skinny stuff tastes like buttered sadness.